Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm addicted to Garage Sales!

Since the weather has finally decided to perk up, I have been to many garage sales around our neighborhood and I am completely hooked. In the past, I always looked down to second hand things. But as I get older & wiser, I am learning that old things can be very valuable and cheap at the same time! I am finding myself looking for signs on every corner and searching in the paper to find sales. I picked up some very nice toys/clothes for Jack this past week and they were in excellent shape and most under $1.00. I have also been searching craigslist and I am learning that this too can be a good source for picking up used goodies. Craiglist items, most often are usually alot more expensive though, but you can find some good deals here and there. I have found that garage sale are the cheapest out of the two. I will post some pictures of my recent purchases soon. Remember: One person's junk, is another person's treasure!

1 comment:

  1. Ummm... I am obsessed with Garage Sales! We actually had one at the end of May and we made some pretty good money. I am already starting a garage sale pile for next year. Feel free to start saving stuff and you can bring it over and add to the sale. The only rule is that you have to price and help either take down or set up. :)

    I am telling you when I am ready for babies I am buying everything at garage sales! Except car seats, that's just something my mom always says. Because you never know if they've been in an accident or if they've been recalled. I cannot believe how much baby stuff is out there. It makes sense to buy used stuff since kids grow so fast.

    There was a HUGE sale in Burnsville 2 weeks ago... over 100 sales in 1 neighborhood! It was AMAZING! It was a neighborhood off of Cedar and Cliff, I can't remember the name of it. But they do it every year. I think you were at the cabin, but if you are around next year you should come with me.

    I found this great website for garage sales: http://www.mngaragesales.com/

    However, I wouldn't rely on the paper or that website. Some of the best garage sales aren't listed. There's a huge one in August at Prince of Peace Church in Burnsville, we should for sure go to that together.

    Okay... I could talk about garage sales forever... but I won't!

    Have a great day! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete